Sunday, May 4, 2014

You with the sad eyes

don't be discouraged oh I realize..


I grew up with 80's music all around me. Those were very sad times but being 40 years old now it just brings back happy times with myself and how music took pain away while I was in a secluded room all alone with just me and my thoughts. Although I was too young to really get this song at the time, it completely resonates with me now and how the world is so judgmental towards others. I think that's why it's so hard for people to really be themselves because people are afraid of the judgement and rejection that society will put on them.

Wish we grew up in a world where people could be what they feel without fear of judgement. I think I would dress in Gypsy costumes daily just for the heck of it walk around bare foot and live in a little RV selling my artwork out of it. I don't know why that's so appealing but it is. I've always wanted to travel, see NY City and walk down the crazy streets that I've only seen on T.V. Then travel to the mountains and sit on a rock near a bubbling brook with my feet in the water just listening to the birds and other wildlife that might creep me out.The creepiness of not knowing what is out there just adds on the adrenaline rush. Curiosity might get me there someday.

I'd love to live in a cottage like this one next to a stream











like this one. You get the picture.

















Don't get me wrong, I love my life. But can't you just see yourself viewing the ocean or the mountains in this Class C RV!! Just traveling around without a care in the world and nothing and nobody to worry about but yourself and your dog.


I just love to dream of adventure from time to time :)

This all makes me realize that if you want to do something in this life you can't wait on others to take the plunge with you and have the same desires as you, you just have to do it on your own and be brave about it. After all we only live one time and this life is short. 

 Anyways, enough about that. I wanted to come on here to not only talk about that, but my Etsy store, and my doll making adventures. I'm really trying to build up some stock before I reopen my store again. I would hate to just put a couple of things in there. I'd rather have a variety of things. I mean, I like shopping online at Etsy and seeing more than a few things in a store. It sort of gives me an idea of what type of artist the person is, that's if they sell art and not vintage items. I have a few dolls right now and some jewelry but I just need to make more before I feel comfortable putting anything in there. 

I'm working on a "Traveling Gypsy doll series". As you can clearly see in this blog, it's the feeling that I'm getting right now  "Traveling, moving, exploring, adventure, living on the edge so to speak", so why not make dolls to showcase those thoughts and feelings right? Isn't that what art work is? Self expression.

So, I guess that's all for now folks!!

-Wendylee




No comments:

Post a Comment