Saturday, July 26, 2014

Nobody blogs anymore



Well I can't really say "nobody", but a majority of those who used to, have abandoned their blogs, and post on Facebook now. I remember back in 2006-2007 it seemed as though EVERYBODY blogged and kept up with blogging. Now when I visit those same blogs, I see for the most part, people have stopped right around 2012. It's kind of sad actually.

The blogs that I used to follow were those who made things such as; dolls, crafty stuff, art, experimented with food; DIY stuff etc. I really miss the doll making blogs the most, I learned so much from those.

I had a blog back in 2006 till 2010 and I put everything on it, not just my doll making stuff either, I seriously put everything in there. I had quite a few followers and quite a few views. Since opening this blog I have had no views and no followers. Opening this blog isn't to get followers or views but it's to keep a running diary of my doll making adventures. Since I'm pretty much self taught, I like to look back on the projects I've made to see the progress over time. I mean I can't print out photos of my dolls every single time I make one, that's a lot of ink and time and space. It's so much easier this way.

When I first opened this blog I was contemplating putting it "all" out there. I still may do that, I'm not sure. In the mean time I plan on keeping this blog open and I plan on continuing to post here, even if it's not all the time. For those who have abandoned their blogs, I guess it wasn't meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment