Saturday, June 28, 2014

W.I.P it! W.I.P it GOOD!

Ok, I was cleaning my craft room/office area and noticed that I have a TON of W.I.P's! Geez! 


 I got a whole basket of dolls waiting for me to give them some kind of theme and personality. I feel guilty. Poor things, just waiting, waiting on me. Not to mention the first photo with the dolls on the shelf. They totally need some serious attention, they've been there for so long that I can't tell you how long, a year? Maybe. Why do I do this?? I start, and stop, and start something different. I really got to catch up and have "NO W.I.P'S". I mean NONE.

I did notice though that I'm not the only dollmaker in the world who does this. I've looked at other people's blogs and noticed that other dollmakers do this too. Not only do some dollmakers do this, but a lot of crafters do this. They start and lose steam, and start something totally different. I saw this video of a lady who crafts all the time, she paints and makes jewelry etc etc. she said that she'll start something then not finish it for some reason and go back to it much much later on. It's almost like our brains are so crafty and so creative that we keep on coming up with new ideas constantly that our hands can't keep up. Yup that's it.

I've got so many ideas, I can't keep up. I mean I'm not a factory for God sakes. I wish I could work a little bit faster but I can't, I just can't do it. I'm already putting off a whole bunch of other things to make dolls. I love making dolls so much that I forget about the world. I need to find the "balance bug" soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment