Sunday, April 20, 2014

My personal weightloss journey



I've been contemplating putting this information up on my dollmaking blog because it has nothing to do with doll making, but hey I'm human and there are so many more aspects to me than just doll making. So, I've made up my mind and I've decided to put up my weightloss journey as well. It's important to me and it's a huge part of my life. I mean why not? I know I'm not the only one going through this issue and maybe someone out there can relate to me..

I've been on a weightloss journey on and off for years. I lose weight, reach my goal only to gain it back again. I've got a major problem. The problem is binge eating disorder. If you've ever watched "Secret Eaters" on YouTube the people who are on those episodes are just like me. I'm someone who hides food and hides in places to eat massive amounts of food. Not really sure why I self sabotage but I do. I keep telling myself, "this has got to end" but it doesn't end. I start on a great path only to turn around and sabotage myself once again. So, what am I going to do about it? Read on..

Changes

I'm 40 years old now and I've noticed that certain foods make me sick. The foods that make me sick never made me sick before. For instance, if I eat cheese or drink cow's milk I get major digestive issues. Sure, I could be lactose intolerant but there are other foods that have no dairy in them that do the exact same thing plus more. 

POISONOUS FOODS LIST

These are just a few foods that make me super sick and I have to mention these foods because I don't think it's just me with this issue, I bet there are others out there with the same exact problem with these foods. 

  1. The first food is anything from the Special K brand. This includes but not limited to; Special K protein bars, Special K breakfast sandwiches, Special K cereals etc. Special k has the longest ingredient list I have ever seen in my entire life. It's pure poison and it's no wonder why I got sick eating that shit. The symptoms that I had were major diarrhea, stomach aches and nausea.
  2. The second is corn chips and potato chips. I used to eat these like crazy when I was younger but now they make me sick. I'm sure it's also due to the ingredients. 
  3. The third is anything with vegetable oil in it. 
  4. The fourth is almost ANYTHING processed. What I mean by processed is food that has been created by man in a lab coat. I don't mean rice or beans that have been through a food plant, washed dried and put into a bag. That's not processed to me. There IS A DIFFERENCE. Anything that has multiple ingredients and chemicals is pure and utter shit. It hurts me physically and I don't need to keep doing it to myself.
 
 So, I made some super serious changes lately that involve getting rid of almost all the processed food out of my diet. Yes, I'm a little bit miserable because I'm not used to eating so healthy but I'm sure I'll get used to it after awhile. I also started running again. I haven't ran since I was 18 years old. Granted, I can't run that far but I don't give up I keep going. My goal is to run one full mile without stopping. I'm sure I'll reach that goal. 

So, what do I binge on now??

Roasted vegetables at night..


It's true. I roast vegetables during the day and eat them when I want to binge. Also, I'll grab fruit as well, that's if I have a sweet tooth. More times than not the vegetables are enough. 

The veggies that I have here are:

little potatoes
green beans
baby carrots
red bell pepper
califlower
olive oil (2 tablespoons)
1/2 cup water
garlic salt
pepper

Roast at 425 for 30 min. with aluminum foil over top sealed tight. Take off the foil and then roast for about 25-30 min. more.

That's all for today. Will upload before and after pics later.

Till next time,

Wendylee

No comments:

Post a Comment