Tuesday, April 29, 2014

New doll find and Evening thoughts.

This is true. "Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve."

It's a matter of taking action towards the things that you want in life. I think it takes a lot of hard work to get what you want but in the end it's all worth the blood, sweat and tears. 

Today I made a list of what I need to complete to put into my Etsy store. I just can't believe how long the list is. I have so many things I need to purchase in order to complete all of my projects to my liking. My significant other is a person who hurries though any and everything. When it comes to art and your craft, it has to be exactly the way you want it otherwise there is no point in doing it at all. I don't know that he understands that though :)

Anyways, the doll that I posted about in my previous post is a major trial and error project. I just recently repainted her face because the previous face was just too harsh. Here's what she looks like currently. Not so good of a shot, but you get the point.




 She's obviously not done, I have so much more to go. But when she is done, I'll be happy as heck! 

I went to a thrift shop today and found a handmade doll that was not finished. I immediately fell in love. She has no hair but that is ok. Take a look at her.

Doesn't she have the most perfect face? Someone handmade this doll and embroidered her face. She is in perfect condition. The price tag says $3.99 but I got her for half off that which was $2 and then 25% off of that (because my significant other is a senior citizen!) so she came out to $1.50. ***WHOOP WHOOP**!!

I have to say that I have the worst face drawing skills. I have to go over and over what I draw till my doll is halfway decent. I love this embroidered look. I went online on Amazon.com and found a book called "Storybook Toys" which shows how to embroider a doll face. I had to get it. I did however, find it cheaper on Ebay. I would love to know how to do this. Even though I typically work with clay, I would still work with cloth heads and do this because it is so so cute and perfect! Who ever made this doll did a pretty darn good job on her. But she is getting "revamped" so to speak.

For some odd reason, I felt like I had to rescue her from the store! How strange it that? I mean, it's not like she is alive or anything. 

I'm in a doll group on Facebook and a lady had posted that exact same question today, it went a little something like this; "Do any of you feel the need to rescue dolls from the thrift shop or garage sales?". How funny that she put that up there! Because I had just did that today for the very first time ever and I felt that way, like I had to rescue this doll! Oh my goodness, atleast I'm not the only one who feels this way. There are so many others who do. 

An obsessive doll person I am. But it's not going out an buying them, it's making them. It feels so much like I'm giving them life. Oh my, how strange. Ha ha! 

Well, anyways I thought I would put in a posting on this little blog of mine. It seems that people don't blog as much as they used too. Some people that I followed back in 2007-2012 don't blog anymore. Their blogs are like little ghost towns on the internet. Sad but true. Even if I don't ever get any followers on blogger, I'll still blog. It sets my mind free, after all I need to do that somewhere.

Until next time around,

Take care...

Wendylee

No comments:

Post a Comment